Expected learning outcomes
The student shall:
- master and explain fundamental C++ syntax.
- be able to analyze the problem for plainer programming cases,
find the algorithm for a solution and write code for this.
- be able to find, establish and handle simplier data structures,
Construction of programs:
- Step by step
- Pseudo code
Introduction to language elements as:
- Program structure and expressions
- Types of data, variables, strings and constants
- Flow of control (decisions and loops)
- Functions and parameters
- Classes and objects
Use of library functions:
- Streams (files and I/O)
- String handling
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 4 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Graded by course instructor(s)
Internal/external examiner grades parts of selected answer papers
Ordinary re-sit examination
All printed matters and hand written notes
2-8 Exercises (must have been approved by lecturer)
Lafore, Robert. (2002). Object-Oriented Programming in C++. Indianapolis, IN: SAMS.
Faglærer. Kompendium. Gjøvik: HiG.