Expected learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student shall be familiar with and shall be capable of discussing main questions and issues in scientific thinking. The student shall be able to frame research problems and questions, to develop a plan for conducting a scientific project and to report the results from scientific projects.
The main goal for the course is to prepare the student for the upcoming master thesis.
- Introduction to scientific research and scientific theory
- What characterises good research
- Ethics in research
- Developing a research topic
- Quantitative and qualitative research designs
- State of the art and literature studies
- Designing and analysing studies and experiments
- Developing project plans
- Conducting risk analysis and feasibility studies
- Writing technical reports
Form(s) of Assessment
Written exam, 3 hours
Alphabetical Scale, A(best) – F (fail)
Re-sit examination in August.
= practical teamwork